Glossary of Terms
- Call-to-Action – marketing strategy to attempt to have a web site visitor make an immediate action, i.e. make a call, fill out the contact form, request services, purchase a product, etc.
- Email Marketing – the use of email, usually as a newsletter, to promote a business, service, product, etc.
- H1 – critical for SEO, it is the main header tag on a web page that says what a page is about. There are also h2, h3, h4, etc tags.
- Internet Marketing – is also referred to as online or digital marketing. It is an umbrella for various ways to promote or advertise a business, brand, product or services on the Internet. It can consist of a web site, email marketing, Local Search, Pay-Per-Click, ad displays, etc.
- Local Search Marketing – sometimes referred to Local Search, Local Search Engine Optimization or Local SEO – promotes local business thru online directories.
- Meta Desc – utilizes a short snippet of information that displays before a listing in search engine results.
- Off-Site Marketing – methods of promoting or advertising a web site that can send visitors to the web site.
- On-Site Marketing – methods used on a web site to try to get visitors to purchase a product or service, contact the business, etc.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) – advertising method in which advertisers must pay each time any of their ads are clicked. These are displayed at the top of search page results, or on web sites and can be text, image or video ads. Google is one of the providers of this service.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – this is done on a web site to help to ensure the web site structure and content are setup to aid the site in getting found in search engines.
- Search Engine Ranking Pages (SERPs) – the web site results shown in on search engine when a visitor does a search.
- Social Media Marketing – the sharing of information, photos, etc and more thru online communities and networks. Examples are Facebook, Pinterest, Instragram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Title Tags – critical for SEO, it is the title of a web page (not to be confused with the header of a web page). It is viewable in the browser tab.
URL – critical for SEO, it should content relevant keywords. It is the address of a web page.
Let's Work Together
Need marketing services, digital advertising, social media, a web site design or upgrade, search engine optimization or local search marketing?
Give us, Karen or Larry, a call to learn how we can help your business succeed.
Kalaco Solutions LLC
Longmont, CO 80501
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Check